The Horror Saga Continues
Horror fans, brace yourselves for a chilling reunion with a notorious killer, as Saw X, the tenth installment in the legendary horror franchise, is poised to send shivers down your spine when it hits theaters on September 28. But wait, there’s more! To tantalize fans and set the stage for Jigsaw’s malevolent return, the original Saw and Saw II films are making a bone-chilling comeback in a special double feature.
Saw: A Game-Changer in Horror
Let’s take a trip down memory lane to 2004, when James Wan unleashed “Saw” upon the unsuspecting world. At a time when the horror genre seemed to be stagnating, “Saw” injected new life into it, carving a path of terror that would stretch across a decade. Every year from 2004 to 2010, a new Saw movie would hit the screens, each one expanding the franchise’s ever-growing audience. Now, on September 28, the franchise’s tenth and possibly final chapter, “Saw X,” will once again plunge us into the abyss of terror.
The Double Feature Delight
For die-hard fans of Jigsaw’s gruesome games, the return of the original “Saw” and its chilling sequel “Saw II” to theaters is an event worth celebrating. Directed by James Wan, the first “Saw” was a game-changer in the horror world, setting the stage for the twisted tales that followed. Before we delve into “Saw X,” a film set between the events of the first two movies, we have the chance to revisit these classics and unearth an untold story of John Kramer, with the iconic Tobin Bell reprising his role.
Jigsaw’s Most Personal Game Yet
“Saw X” promises to be the most personal and harrowing chapter in Jigsaw’s gruesome saga. In this tenth installment, we’ll witness an ailing and desperate John Kramer as he embarks on a risky and experimental medical procedure in Mexico, clinging to hope for a miracle cure to his cancer. However, his quest takes a sinister turn when he discovers that the entire operation is a ruthless scam.
In signature Jigsaw fashion, John turns the tables on the con artists with a series of ingenious, bizarre, and utterly terrifying traps. Directed by Kevin Greutert, with James Wan returning as an executive producer, “Saw X” is penned by franchise veterans Peter Goldfinger and Josh Stolberg. Alongside Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith is expected to reprise her role as Amanda Young, the victim turned apprentice. The film also boasts a talented ensemble cast including Michael Beach, Octavio Hinojosa, Paulette Hernandez, Renata Vaca, Joshua Okamoto, and Synnøve Macody Lund.
Mark Your Calendar and Grab Your Tickets
The countdown to terror has begun! Check out the locations and dates for the theatrical returns of “Saw” and “Saw II” below and secure your tickets on the Alamo Drafthouse website. As for the grand premiere of “Saw X,” set your calendars for September 29, and get ready to be horrified in theaters.
- Arlington, VA (Alamo Drafthouse Crystal City) – Sept 20
- Ashburn, VA (Alamo Drafthouse Loudoun) – Sept 20
- Austin, TX (Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar) – Sept 16
- Charlottesville, VA (Alamo Drafthouse Charlottesville) – Sept 20
- Chicago, IL (Alamo Drafthouse Wrigleyville) – Sept 16
- Corpus Christi, TX (Alamo Drafthouse Corpus Christi) – TBC Date
- El Paso, TX (Alamo Drafthouse East El Paso) – Sept 19
- Katy, TX (Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra) – Sept 16
- Laredo, TX (Alamo Drafthouse Laredo) – TBC Date
- Los Angeles, CA (Alamo Drafthouse DTLA) – Sept 16
- New York, NY (Alamo Drafthouse Lower Manhattan & Brooklyn) – Sept 16
- Raleigh, NC (Alamo Drafthouse Raleigh) – Sept 16
- San Antonio, TX (Alamo Drafthouse Park North) – Sept 16
- Springfield, MO (Alamo Drafthouse Springfield) – Sept 16
- St. Louis, MO (Alamo Drafthouse City Foundry) – Sept 15
- Washington, DC (Alamo Drafthouse DC Bryant Street) – Sept 20
- Westminster, CO (Alamo Drafthouse Westminster) – TBC Date
- Winchester, VA (Alamo Drafthouse Winchester) – Sept 16
- Woodbridge, VA (Alamo Drafthouse Woodbridge) – Sept 20
Get ready to play the game, if you dare. “Saw X” is on the horizon, and your nightmares await!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Horror Reunion
Q: When does “Saw X” hit theaters?
A: “Saw X” is set to terrify audiences in theaters on September 28.
Q: Are the original “Saw” and “Saw II” movies returning to theaters?
A: Yes, both “Saw” and “Saw II” are making a spine-chilling comeback in a special double feature to build excitement for “Saw X.”
Q: Who directed the first “Saw” movie?
A: The first “Saw” movie was directed by James Wan and was a game-changer in the horror genre.
Q: What can we expect from “Saw X”?
A: “Saw X” delves into Jigsaw’s most personal game, featuring an ailing John Kramer’s battle against con artists through ingenious and terrifying traps.
Q: Who stars in “Saw X”?
A: Tobin Bell returns as John Kramer, and Shawnee Smith reprises her role as Amanda Young. The film also features Michael Beach, Octavio Hinojosa, Paulette Hernandez, Renata Vaca, Joshua Okamoto, and Synnøve Macody Lund.
Q: How can I get tickets for the double feature and “Saw X”?
A: You can secure your tickets on the Alamo Drafthouse website for the double feature of “Saw” and “Saw II,” as well as the premiere of “Saw X.”
Q: Is “Saw X” the final installment in the franchise?
A: “Saw X” is rumored to be the franchise’s possibly final chapter, so horror fans won’t want to miss it.